Cleansing Technique: Foot-Soaking
When the day is over (also anytime), relax by soaking your feet in salt water while meditating. This technique relieves the body of stress and allows for a peaceful and relaxed night's rest.
Sit comfortably in a chair with your hands out on your lap, facing Shri Mataji’s photograph. Place your feet in a basin or bucket of luke warm water containing a handful of salt.
* Meditate for 10 to 15 minutes.
* You can say some affirmations to cleanse the chakras.
* Rinse and dry your feet.
* Flush the water down the toilet. Try not to look directly in the bucket before flushing.
* Don’t use the foot-soak bucket for any other purpose.
Foot soaking is a Sahaja Yoga technique which many people will recognize from everyday life. Quit simply it is the Sahaja Yoga version of putting the feet in a bowl of warm water as a way of relaxing at the end of the day. It is best done in the evening, and the main difference in Sahaja terms is that salt is added to the water to represent the earth element. In this way we use all the elements --- fire (with the candle), air, water and earth. The element of water rinses away, and salt (earth element) sucks or absorbs away negativity. Vibrations are the key to helping these processes work.
* Light a candle in front of Shri Mataji's photograph.
* Inaddition you can also burn some incense.
* Raise your Kundalini, and put your self in bandhan.
* Give to the salt water in the bucket or bowl a bandhan (stir clock-wise direction).
* The water should reach your ankles. Place your feet in the salt water.
* Take Shri Ganesha's mantra. Sit for 10 to 15 minutes in the water.
* Rinse and dry the feet. And throw the water down the toilet.
* Wash your hands and sit for another meditation.
* Afterward, to close your meditation raise your kundalini and give yourself a bandhan.
If you have a hot right channel or have heat in your right hand (right-sided), you can experiment with using cool, cold or even ice water.
if you have a cold left channel or tingles and blockages indicated in the left hand(left-sided), you can use warm or hot water.
For the center channel and in-general use ordinary or lukewarm water.
One needs to experiment to find the most suitable for oneself. Amounts of physical, mental, and emotional energy used during the day and also the environment or Seasons may affect this. Also other factors. Pay attention to your vibrations.
Also Foot Soaking in a river, lake or sea is be very beneficial. Walking barefoot on Mother Earth and pouring water over your feet will also help to clear your subtle system. Inaddition walking barefoot in the morning dew is of great help. Sometimes having a full salt bath followed by a short shower, can be just the right thing.